Ever since I was a kid growing up in Ogden Utah back in the early 80's, I've been fascinated by the Spanish bullfight. I even searched out books on bullfighting at the Weber County library, where I found and read "Death in the Afternoon" by Ernest Hemingway. I'm probably the only kid in Utah to have ever read that book. Now here we are 40 years later and I still enjoy learning about and keeping up with the bullfights.

September 6, 2026

Morante en Ronda - corrida Goyesca


The plaza de toros de Ronda re-opened this year after a two year renovation. It is over 200 years old (the plaza opened in 1785) so it was time for another renovation.

Thankfully the renovation was completed in time for this year's September fair which is always dedicated to Pablo Romero, the creator of what is known as the modern bullfight. 

As always a corrida Goyesca was held in which Morante debuted another unique traje goyesca. Jose Maria Manzanares, Juan Ortega, and rejoneador Diego Ventura performed as well. 

I'm going to try and gather as many photos as I can and post them. This may be a winter project however, my computer seems to be too old (like me) and I might need to gift myself a good laptop for Christmas. It would make updating this blog a lot easier, in the meantime I will do what I can though.

No comments:

Post a Comment