Ever since I was a kid growing up in Ogden Utah back in the early 80's, I've been fascinated by the Spanish bullfight. I even searched out books on bullfighting at the Weber County library, where I found and read "Death in the Afternoon" by Ernest Hemingway. I'm probably the only kid in Utah to have ever read that book. Now here we are 40 years later and I still enjoy learning about and keeping up with the bullfights.

August 28, 2026

Monosabio gets gored


 

Here is something I have never seen, although I've always thought it could happen quite easily, a Monosabio was gored today in Bilbao. (Not too seriously, but had to be taken to the hospital for treatment for a goring in the glute.)  

He was helping get a bull off the picador's horse when the bull turned on him quickly and got him on the ground. From there he pushed him around quite a bit until a horn got into the mono's glute. Could have been worse though for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment